HOME / Return Policy
CFM Equipment Distributors handles various types of returned merchandise as outlined below.
Stock Items (Items in stock at local branch)
- New and unused, never installed, in the manufacturer’s original packaging and condition, and in factory original re-saleable condition.
- Call or email a list of material to be returned, serial numbers must match correct invoice.
- All freight charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- A re-stocking fee, up to 15% will apply to all returns, excluding Warranty Returns and freight damage.
- Our delivery drivers are not authorized to pick-up any returns without a valid return sales order.
- After 90 days of sale CFM has the right to deny and refuse any return.
- Product must have been originally purchased from CFM Equipment Distributors.
Non-Stock/Special Order Items (Items not in stock at local branch)
- Items signed off on a special-order form will not be accepted.
- The manufacturer must approve a return to factory.
- All freight charges and re-stocking fees involved will be debited on the return credit.
- Minimum 35% re-stock fee.
- Within warranty period, a completed warranty claim form must be submitted, in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements as per their warranty policy.
- The customer is responsible for shipping charges related to the replacement/defective items.
- All warranty returns are subject to manufacturer warranty policies, inspection, and approval from the manufacturer and must be addressed in a timely manner.
- In cases where the information provided is inaccurate, CFM reserves the right to re-invoice the customer accordingly.
- CFM reserves the right to refuse returns for warranty or defective items if products show signs of abuse, misapplication, faulty installation, modification or if serial number is removed and cannot be verified.
- Full unit equipment warranty requires prior factory approval, must be authorized.
Freight Damaged Items
Occasionally, items are damaged in shipment. It is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect for damage upon receipt from the shipping / delivery company. It is best to notate the damage on the driver’s bill, take pictures and let us know so we can make arrangements to get a replacement as quickly as possible. Do not refuse the shipment, accept the shipment and we can arrange pick up.
- Buyer shall examine all goods upon receipt.
- All claims for damage, shortage and errors or improper deliver must be addressed to CFM within 5 business days of delivery.
- Copy of the freight bill with signature noting exceptions.
- Electrical / electronic parts are not returnable.
Electrical parts, such as capacitors, contactors, transformers, and thermostats are NON-RETURNABLE. CFM EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTORS is not liable for improper selection and/or installation of electrical parts and controls.
- No cash refunds shall be issued, and credit card refunds will be subject to card processing fee
- Cash accounts are not eligible for returns. All sales are final on cash account.
Return Policy Revised 1/4/2022